Thursday, October 2, 2008

Whats good! Greetings from Tokyo. Shit is so dope!! Pardon my language, but there is no other phrase that I can use to truly express to you the excitement I have in my mind and body. Dan and I touched down after a grueling 15 hour flight, only to beast through the city by train for another two hours (with our luggage mind you-- a good hundred pounds each). People were looking at us like we were fuckingggg crazy, but we had to do what we had to do in order to get to our apt. We get on the train and this dude just starts talking to us. He wasn't a crazy man, just a student about 20 years old who had just gotten back to Tokyo from traveling around Europe. He was really cool. I was a worn out from the trip, but Dan was revamped and excited and kept this guys attention for a good hour. I thought I might pass out and drool on the floor of the train but I managed to keep my cool. It was good having Dan with me, he really got the ball rolling, got directions to the hotel, found the route and set the pace. If I was on my own I'd probly still be at the airport right now. Anyway, this guy rode the train with us for a while and even got off at the same stop we did. To his dismay he realized that he had left a bag of his on the train and scampered off to try and salvage it. We felt bad, he was  nice guy. We got to the apt, unpacked and ran to get some food. We ate at a little noodle hut in the area. It wasn't anything too special, and the places on St. Marks are probably a little better. We are in a bit of a touristy area so in order to get to the real good eats we will have to travel around a bit. Things are good here. 

Peace

1 comment:

BeeHeron said...

Hey guys! While I was at HSBC this morning I was checking out all the clocks for around the world and gave a little wave to the Japan (13 hours ahead one). So while I expect you 2 to be out on the town...thought I would drop a line....
Happy Dan got you to where you 2 needed to be, and that you’re not asleep in some airport!!
Sucks about that kids bag, prob the worst feeling...but happy you guys have already made friends. I don’t know if I could ever handle such a crazy long trip...oh wait...maybe I can.
.
.
.
Summer 2009