Thursday, October 16, 2008

So. It's officially been two weeks in Tokyo. I can't lie, it seems longer. It's been frustrating at times, but overall I get more comfortable each day I'm here. I'm starting to learn the city and understand the trains better. What I really need to focus on is learning more of the language. I need to do my research on the history of Japan also. I think those two things will help me a lot in feeling comfortable here. It will also help me meet people. I don't want to come of as ignorant or a fool, so I have to put some work in and really learn about Tokyo and Japan as a whole. I was really nervous about going to China for two months, but that decision is slowly settling in also. I'm feeling better about that. I left New York for an adventure, and unease and a little anxiety will come along with that. Once I realized that I felt better about things. I know the blog has slowed down a little bit, but Dan and I have also. We still hit the city on foot a lot, but we haven't done any major work in discovering new things. I'm going to get up early tomorrow and try to hit some spots I haven't been to yet.  As far as staying in shape, for those of you reading this already know I'm a semi fitness freak, my jump rope is doing just fine for me. I found a pull up bar right by the apartment and I also have my cable chord. All of these things mixed in a with a good run now and then keeps me feeling right.  I've also been walking through the city streets for a good four hours a day (minimum).  I'm sure all of you were wondering about my workout routine. ANYWAY, I'm taking things day by day and we'll see what happens. There is so much time ahead of me right now. 

No comments: