Monday, October 13, 2008

China you say??

So here's the news. Dan is leaving to go back to NYC at the end of this month. We didn't find part time jobs. We failed! Not to worry. I still have a contract that starts in January and am planning to see that through. Lot's of Tokyo time still left for Nate. Ah you say, but what about the next two months!? What will you do, how will you survive??? This is where it all gets interesting. I made a few calls to my buddies in various locations all over the world. My boy Ariel in South Korea, my friend Paris, in China, to weigh my options. You never know. An American roomate for the month might lift some spirits! My homie Paris came through in the clutch. He hooked me up with a home-stay in Shanghai no problem. He even thought it very likely that I could find work for the two months I'm there, teaching. So, the ticket--a little pricey, was still better than staying in Tokyo the next two months by myself and spending every dime I have...I leave for Shanghai the 31st...The adventure continues..

2 comments:

Ralphie Charlie said...

dan made it seem like you were living like RAMBO in the trees in China

Nate said...

nah man..home-stays are really nice..higher living of standard than most chinese residents