Saturday, October 4, 2008

So, I've been posting a lot of pictures but I thought I would write a little to let you paint your own picture of what my experience has been like so far. As Dan took a nap I went downstairs at around 4 o'clock to do a little cardio. I packed a jump rope and a resistance chord. You would be surprised at how many muscles you can work with that thing. Anyway, after about 15 minutes of jump rope I brought it back upstairs. I was feeling really good. I went back outside and thought a good run through the neighborhood would do me well. I had all this pent up energy and wanted to see the sights and sounds a little more on my own. I found a really great park not too far from where we are staying. There must be a school close by because there were a ton of children out with their parents, and most of them were in uniforms. I found a good little routine to run with some killer hills. You'd like it dad, although some of the corners are really steep and it's a little tough to see if there are cars coming. There is a slight space for pedestrians to walk so you just have to hope the cars aren't speeding downhill. Tokyo is interesting that way. There are main intersections which are really busy. Tons of people and cars and huge walkways and crosswalks, but then you travel away from the main roads and it all turns into what feels like little villages. The cars and people share the same road, there are no electronic lights flashing green or red, no walk or don't walk signs. Take for example where we are living. When you walk out of the apt there is a really busy 8 lane road with a highway over it ( think blade runner ) but if you walk in the opposite direction, around the back of our apt. there is unusually calm tranquility. I really like that....

Hope these thoughts find you well - Nate

No comments: