Saturday, November 1, 2008

Shanghai

So..I made it. It's only a three hour flight from Tokyo to Shanghai and the flight was smooth. Debbie and John have their own driver and he met me at the airport and drove me over to their apartment. (For those who don't know, Debbie and John are my sister's inlaws. They live and work in Shanghai).The outside of the apartment building looks crazy. The hallways have paint chipping from the walls and single lightbulbs light the corridors. There are exposed wires and elevators that seem to pop out of the shadows. Debbie and John's apartment is pretty amazing however. You could easily shoot a pottery barn/j crew magazine special in here. Debbie and John's hospitality has been amazing. Today we went out for a vegitarian feast that consisted of pumpkin soup, eggplant and green pepper dishes and to-fu just to name a few. It was a huge amount of food and the bill only ran about 20 dollars. I'm having trouble uploading photos which I know are the goodies everyone is waiting for, but today was super overcast and I couldn't get many good shots anyway. My friend Paris is going to swing by the apartment later. It's the birthday of one of his friends and we are going to hit the town. Debbie made chicken stew---gotta run.

No comments: