Monday, November 10, 2008

Homestay

So I'm at my home-stay. Things are interesting. It's a modern apartment so thats all fine, but I'm not sure how much Chinese food I can eat. You might be thinking, Nate, you're crazy, I love Chinese food, I'd love to be in your situation. American Chinese food and Chinese, Chinese food, are very different. That's all I have to say for now. I really need to find something to do during the day, even if it is just walking around. The host family is very nice and they want to feed me, I just...I just don't know. I'm not the biggest germ-a-phobe there is, but China can bring it out of you. Chinese style family eating does not include plates. All you get is chopsticks and a spoon. When the dishes go down in front of you you just eat off of them. Everyone is eating off all the plates. Dipping sauces are a double dunkers dream, and well, it's just going to take some getting used to that's all. I hope I get used to it cause I'm a little hungry... I just like my food, as well, my food!! I hope this works out..haha...My host family is super nice, so that's not it, but those who know me, know I like my food! This blog has sort of rotated around what I've been eating and my spirits have been high so far..two months till I'm back in Tokyo..let's see how it goes...

No comments: