Sunday, November 2, 2008

Take me to a place I'd like to go somedayyy

I hope you guys like the pictures. It has been very cloudy and rainy here, but nevertheless I think the pictures still came out well. Oh man, can I tell you about my brunch today? Let me paint the entire picture for you before I jump into the food situation. John and Debbie have a great social network here. They know a lot of great people. Great isn't even the word that I should use. You know the type of person I'm talking about right? John and Debbie are like ths themselves as well. They know the type of people that are refreshing to talk to. Highly intelligent, motivated and confident. The people that put you at ease while challenging you. It's a person that hears you when you talk and doesn't take you for granted. So it's around noon and we are going to brunch in Shanghai. This place has an all you can eat brunch for a very reasonable fixed price. We must have ordered everything on the menu. Literally. Think about the type of Chinese restaurant you have in midtown, or for my flushing people, think about the nice ones. The sit down, waiters are in uniform restaurants. Pork, duck, chicken and noodles. Shrimp dumplings, beef dumplings, meatballs,soup dumplings (shanghai joes in the city are very good I can't lie - but there's nothing like eating soup dumplings and being IN shanghai) - the food never stopped coming out. I was a happy little boy. I felt as if after eating I could frolic in a patch of wild flowers and watch the humming birds hum. I'm sorry, there are no pictures of the brunch. Some pleasures will have to be for my eyes and taste buds only! After the brunch we all said our goodbyes and John and Debbie kindly showed me around the neighborhood. They both have a wealth of knowledge about the area. It was really like having a personal tour guide. We all came back to the apt, and chilled out for a while. Debbie made another great meal (brownies for dessert ! ) and then we watched some DVDs and hung loose. I'm not exactly roughing it at the moment. I know John and Debbie have a cleaning lady already, but if they ever want to get rid of her and hire me in exchange for room and a little food, I'll be waiting.

OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: