Saturday, November 22, 2008

Camera revitalization

I haven't been taking my camera out lately because I just want to soak in the city. Sometimes when I have my camera with me I feel like I'm out doing an art project. Always looking for angles and colors and attitudes that try to express my inner voice. HA! I kill myself sometimes. Regardless I have been trying to get my ground and figure out locations and see how things are relating to each other so I can feel like I'm more part of the city. I'm starting to get the energy of the city. With that said I'm going to make sure I pack my camera with me everyday this week. I regretted not having it in a few places. I could have gotten some incredible images but I guess they were meant for me to see. Shanghai is not a city that will let you down visually. There will be plenty left to see tomorrow and the next day. With my first day of work tomorrow and rain falling from the dark Shanghai night, I think I'm going to relax and read a little before I call it a night. 

Thanks for the subway stories KID - thinking of home always gives me sweet dreams as I fall asleep :)   


2 comments:

BeeHeron said...

Hey, don’t know if I told you this, but I lost my camera going from Barcelona to London. I had a hard...HARD cry once I realized it had happened in the computer lab next to this kid who gave me some tissues. I was thinking about all the pictures I had lost, and how I was never ever ever going to remember it there....and then I was like "yo, im not 90 years old. I can close my eyes and see perfectly all the things I just took pics of!"
not saying you are going to lose your camera, but sometimes its the mental stuff that will stay with you better anyways, I mean once you look at a picture too many times it can lose all the other things that were happening around you when you were taking the flick, but if you take the time to remember those moments, a lot more can come with it. basically its nice to go without
At least that is what I tell my self when I think of my pics at Sagrada Familia and The Arc de Triomf...and that ill never have them!!!! haha

All im saying is, it’s good to not always be taking pics, and it’s nice to have some images just live in your memory, it makes it your own

Happy the book is doing you right. (im guessing that bit was to me- ha) My dreams about the train are becoming nightmares...due to the possible fare hike...

Those bitches are heartless

Nate said...

Fare hike? damn whats good..I'll never survive when I get back home..I'm paying what equals maybe 33 cents a ride?

Also..I stay backing my picks up son! extra memory card..you know this man! but indeed..the mentals are the ones you always remember the best..