Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ashy to classy

I'm back to being busy. From nothing to something. I'm living the....Chinese dream? So I have three jobs. Think I overdid it? Who knows? I'm sure I will in a week haha. I'm putting in 40 hours a week with scholastic teaching kids. Young, young kids. They should be from 4-7 years old. I'm working Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Wed. Then on Tuesday and Thursday I have two tutoring jobs. One is a business man who will be going to Ohio to work for some computer company, and then after that is the young boy Sean who you see in the picture below from a day ago. The scholastic job consists of only 25 teaching hours however. The other hours are meetings and collaborations and things like that. I'll be at Scholastic, but I won't be teaching during those times. There will never be more than 14 kids in the classroom and I will have an assistant there with me. She is very quiet so I don't know what she is really going to do. I observed some classes today and there are some really great assistant teachers. Too bad I didn't get one of those. The location of the center I'll be working at is actually really close to where I'm living right now which is a huge relief for me.  Scholastic will pay for the trip one way, so I'm not too worried about spending money. I think the trip by taxi might only cost me 2 American dollars. Maybe 2.50. I could be riding a cab to work everyday for the same price as the subway. How sweet is that? I opened up a bank account and am officially on the clock. I have a 6 month contract and will have the opportunity to resign if I feel like it when it is over. May 19th sounds like a nice date to return to NYC, with the summer just beginning and my birthday around the corner, so we'll see how that goes. I'm not quite sure where I'll be after my contract is over, but I'm looking at new locations I might want to travel to and work at. These are secret locations and will not be revealed...Russia? Denmark? I can't tell you, but you'll wish you were there.

No comments: