Sunday, November 30, 2008

Food Coma

I've just got to get it out there. I have no pics of Thanksgiving. We celebrated big time yesterday (china doesn't give off for thanksgiving duh). I had to work and me being really clear minded in the morning got up late and straight ran out the house to catch the bus. Yea I take the bus in Shanghai, and WHAT. I got it like that. So I left my camera at home and the bottle of wine I was planning to bring with me. The meal was fantastic. Just..so much glorious turkey, and ham, and sweet potatoes with almonds and string beans with fried onions and biscuits, and and, oh yea before all that there were carrots and hummus and cheese and crackers, oh manz, it was a good day for me yesterday. What else was there, ahh can't forget about the lasagna, yes lasagna, both meat and veggie, and of course all turkey was accompanied by gravy (uncle roy, you were not to be outdone) but it was mmmmm gooooooooooooooddd. I think I ate for seriously, like 2 hours straight. I'm not sure if people were trying to talk to me or what, but I went hard son, no lie. I don't eat a lot of sweets but I put those down too. M&M cookies and chocolate chip cookies and tall-house bars and cookies with shiny things on them and cake.  Oh yea, there were people at the party. Many of whom I've met before but lots of new people also. All great and nice and super intelligent. In total I'd say the party had at least 4o people there. It was really great. I have to say my last week was a little hard. I wasn't feeling well, I even had a physical for my job on the actual Thanksgiving where I got an ultra-sound and had blood taken and my eyes checked and all this stuff at like 8 in the morning. Way to celebrate Thanksgiving, in a freezing cold room getting examined by coughing chinese nurses. To top that off no one really speaks to you there, the nurse just looks at your paper and tells you a room number. Go room one zero 2. After you're done in there, the nurse in the hall says, go room one zero six. So on and so on. IT was great. I felt so comfortable there and welcome. SOoooooooo, To celebrate on Saturday was really great. I left feeling full and a little buzzed and slept great. I do work tomorrow but not until five in the evening so its all gravy. (you like how I did that? all gravy??) Yea, so I'm feeling good and getting recharged, and even learned today how to say I want noodles, rice and lamb. All three of which I ordered from my street moms out on the corner cooking all night. Got a smile and everything..yur boy Nate is feeling good and to top THAT off I'm about to go beast out a workout in the gym. Pics on the way..goodies of my students and even a child that I stole. Kidding.

No comments: