Tuesday, December 23, 2008

you already know


I'm doing well! I'm working a lot and feeling good about it. You really don't know what you're missing. You can all live and work in Shanghai no problem. I say DO IT. Pack up and leave. You know you want to.  I bought so many DVD's this week. Probably at least 300 dollars worth in America. I spent what would be 7 American dollars on them. I bought, I think, five full seasons of a bunch of tv series. I have all of the Sopranos, Entourage and a couple others. I also bought 4 or 5 movies I think. I have them in a bag by my bed. If that won't bring you to China then I don't know what will.  I am missing the Hannukah charm of the city however. If I hear one more Christmas song I'm going to go fucking crazy. To top it off the center I work at is IN a mall. Yes. I hear Christmas music all day long. The acoustics are so good I can hear it IN the center, IN the teacher's room. I know every rudolph rendition, jingle bell rendition and whatever Christmas song you can sing. I don't want anyone to wish me a Merry Christmas anymore. It's starting to make me feel ill hahaha. I need a potato pancake. You know what I'm sayin? Can I get a freakin bagel ova here or what? Don't tell my mother but I bought a pair of sneakers today. They are fire. Cut me some slack. I bought this banging H & M hoodie that looks like it should be a starburst flavor, and today I notice kicks with the EXACT fruitilicious bottoms. I'm an addict. I think admitting your problem is the first step to solving it. Whatever man. The purchase made me feel good. Now I really sound like a sneaker junkie... ANYWAY, it's getting colder here, with more cold on the way. January and Feb are the coldest months here, but it still doesn't compare to winter in NYC. I actually am liking the weather here. This almost really cold stuff doesn't bother me.  On a good note, Rena, the daughter of the host family I'm staying with passed her oral visa test today and has been approved to go study in the United States. I feel really happy for her, especially since I've been helping her along the way with her studying. I know it is a huge relief for her. I came home around 2am last night from dinner with friends and she was up at her computer studying. Then she and I reviewed her questions again this morning at 8am before I left for work.  I worked all day today. I'm going to watch a few episodes of Entourage and call it a night. Enjoy your last few days of 2008!!


P.S. This is the first reused title of a blog post from the day this blog started. A little blog trivia for you.

No comments: