Saturday, December 20, 2008

Spin class

I rocked my first spin class here in China. It was great. Spin is spin no matter where you're at. The instructor was cool, and I found myself learning new words. He was pretty much shouting up down, left, right, one, two, three and good job, the whole class. Same type deal as in the USA. They shut the lights off and have some cool laser green and pink streaks lighting up across the walls. The music is high and uptempo. The intro to one of the songs even screamed  "New York City! Are you ready!?" I found myself comfortable and at home in the dark sweating my brains out in China. I was a little nervous because I haven't done any high intensity stuff since I have been here.  "Oh no" I thought "what if I can't finish the class and walk out in shame. How will I ever return to the US to tell this story? What will China think of Americans!? I have to make my country proud!" As the spin class went on all I needed for extra motivation was the Coney Island 5k boardwalk run T-shirt I sported. Do it for Brooklyn Nate. NYC all day!  I left feeling great. 

No comments: