Monday, December 8, 2008

Mini post

Since I can't get photos on the website right now I thought I would let everyone know how things have been going. I'm nearing my last few weeks at the Homestay. I'm excited to get my own place and have my own stuff. I'll be able to cook my own food and all that good stuff. Work has been going pretty steadily. It can be frustrating at times. Teaching english to little kids can test your patience. Then you realize they are little kids and they don't speak English and that puts thigns in perspective again. They are also adorable so that doesn't hurt. I know I'm here and I should be enjoying China but I'm trying to figure out my next move for when I head back to NYC. I figure I should be back in the city in either July or Aug depending on how much I want to travel after my contract, or how crazy I have gone and feel the need to return to the city and just get back to city stuff. I'm looking into applications for grad school for september and that's getting complicated. My comp at the homestay does not have a good internet connection and lately it hasn't been letting me connect to any websites that I need to for applications and stuff like that. I have to apply for prereq classes for the program that I want to go to before I can even apply for the grad school program I want and bla bla bla. Getting things started is always more complicated that I feel it should be. On a different note I got my first haircut here. It was funny is all I can say. I look fine and it's a good cut, but it was funny. I'll post that story another time, or maybe not. Some things need to be told in person for the full Nate affect. Today was beautiful outside, warm and sunny, I should sleep great tonight...until next time..

No comments: