Saturday, December 27, 2008

sorry

I know the blog has been a little slow but I've been super, super busy these last few weeks. I will give you lots of details and fun stories I promise! But it's 10:40 and I'm first getting back to the house after leaving this morning at 8:30AM. No parties or dinners tonight, straight working son! So, with that said, I'm off to shower, watch a dvd and go to bed. I have goodies on the way so stay tuned. They will most likely be here in the middle of the week. Before New Years for sure. I was really on NYC mode today! Missing it like crazy! The story I read to my students at scholastic was all about a country girl moving to and falling in love with NYC. The pictures were great, really realistic! Then during my tutoring job tonight Sean pulled out a map book and it fell open to the NYC page. I even located Jackson Heights on the map- that was the kicker for me. I was like damn, I just want to walk down 80th street right now and see some friends of mine! I don't know if you know the feeling, but it's like, I just shut off certain thoughts because I know they aren't possibilities out here, but today they all started to creep back in. I wanted a slice of nyc pizza, a night out in the city, and of course love from my fam! So, during this holiday time I'm really thinking of home. I'm still having a good time here, but I will forever be in New York State of Mind.

No comments: