Tuesday, December 30, 2008

full circle

It's funny how things come full circle.  As I walked to my bus tonight to ride to my homestay for the last time, I saw, as I usually do the bus pull right out the station, packed to the brim - as it always is. I thought, man, I'm glad I'm not on that one, but it doesn't matter people will come and the next bus will be just as packed - as it always is. Not one minute later does another 37 pull up to my stop. Seats galore! I've never sat on this bus going home. EVER. Little things like this really make me feel like part of the universe. I know, what the fuck kind of a sentence was that. It's true though. To top it off, as I entered my homestay building for the last time and walked into the elevator I heard another person coming into the building. I pressed the open doors button on the elevator so they wouldn't miss it. I HATE missing the elevator by one floor, don't you? A man entered the elevator. I had pressed 10 and the button was lit on the elevator wall. I wondered what floor he would get off, perhaps a floor higher than mine since he didn't press a button at all. I got off on the 10th floor as usual, and so did he. My first encounter with my neighbor the entire time I had been here. An official greeting and send off. First by my bus, then by my neighbor. See you guys in the New Year.  Let's make it a good one.

No comments: