Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Lijiang City

I'm headed to Lijiang this weekend. It has been called "Fairyland" and I am thoroughly excited. Ever since my sister and I tried to catch the little fairies  that lived in the rocks and only came out at dusk in cape cod in my youth, I have had a spot in my heart for the little magical creatures. I can now say this is a proud moment for me. hahaa. Anyway, the city is supposed to be great. Here is one of the attractions that I'm really looking forward to seeing. 

The Jade Dragon Snow Mountain:

A mountain formation movement that took place 65 million years ago and which created the Himalaya, known as the "roof of the world" gave rise to the Qinghai Tibet Plateau. In the Southeastern part of this plateau and the northwestern part of the Yunnan- Guizho plateau, meandering mountain ranges tower to the sky and swift rivers roar in deep gorges, presenting magnificent landforms over an area covering more that 200,000 sq km. This area is the beautiful Lijiang Prefecture.  

Originally a square developed on the basis of a former country market, Sifang Street is now the center for business and other activites in Lijiang. Lined with shops on all sides, it bustles with activity all day long.

So...

I will have pics and stories when I get back Monday. Do yourself a favor and google image lijiang!

2 comments:

rachel said...

yaaaaay! i made it on to the blog!

Unknown said...

There's more info about Lijiang at www.travelpod.com/travel-blog/happysheep/shangri-la-la/tpod.html