Monday, April 27, 2009

Don't freak out

Like my new tattoos? JOKING!!! These are marks that are left on your back from a traditional chinese body cleansing called cupping. After my last massage my friend Gabbi and I decided to give cupping a try. Well, she's had it done before and I said why not. It's sort of like a vacuum process. You lay on your chest and glass cups are placed on your back. The insides are heated with a match and then quickly applied to your back creating something like a vacuum. After you have all the glasses on your back you are covered with a sheet and left for about 5 or 10 minutes. The glasses then take all the "negative" air out of your muscles.  It puts your qi (pronounced CH-EE) in equilibrium. It's not a painful process. You do feel like their is a lot of pressure on your back, and you can feel the suction from each glass. After, the glasses are pulled from your back and you're left with these marks. Yes it does bruise, but it's not a deep bruise. I still have marks on my back and it's been three days. Each day they fade a little bit. When in China. . . 

5 comments:

Joe Hahn said...

it looks like you were raped by an octopus..lol

p.s.- Before you reply "hater" let me be clear, Im showing only love and concern, as a friend, i would not want you to be raped by an octopus.

Nate said...

tittiboga

Christian A. Palacios said...

but....did it work?

Nate said...

Umm..I'm not sure..You feel mad weak after it's done..I was tired for like the next three days no lie..I'm not a big believer in all the spiritual stuff, but for the experience it was cool..

Unknown said...

oh this is what u were talking about... ewww... but mimi looked WORSE! thats why i FORBID her to post pics