Tuesday, April 7, 2009

First post of many. . .

First off let me say, I took like 500 pictures over the weekend, so picking and choosing the best ones to put up here is going to be a little difficult. These five are from the major places we went to in Lijiang.

This is me at Tiger leaping gorge. It's a surreal place. The mountains are glorious. Yes that is truly the only word that I can think of to describe what the backdrop looked like. 


The mountain shots like this with the snow are all from the top of Yulong mountain. We rode this little trolly car up the mountain. Me and heights don't mix so well but I had to thug it out and make it happen. You're in this tiny little car and are suspended in mid air as you travel up the side of the mountain. It's so cool. The views are incredible and once you get to the top it just gets better. This is the very top. There are glaciers that you can see behind me. Although there was snow and ice, it wasn't as cold as you'd think it was. Also the air makes you light headed, so it might have been really cold and my brain just wasn't telling me.

Our first day we biked to the neighboring town of Baixi (might have spelled that wrong). IT was about 10k to get there and on more than one occasion my obsessive compulsive mind thought to stop riding my bike and start running. Why not train for my half marathon here..enough said..I resisted. Here is big Mao chilling doing his thing.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

The village you cycled to is called Baisha.
There's more info at www.travelpod.com/travel-blog/happysheep/shangri-la-la/tpod.html