Wednesday, February 25, 2009

post

I've been training for my half marathon and I just hit the 12k mark yesterday. I feel pretty good but my knee is straining a little bit. I don't know if I need to strengthen it or to let it rest. A good combination of both will do just fine I think. I ran 12k in a little under and hour which isn't too bad. I went food shopping today and stocked the house with a little bit of food. It's always good to have some snacks to munch on, fruit and soups and such. It's rained here for like the last week straight. Nasty weather. Good weather to take naps to and be inside. I'm glad my gym is around the corner or it would really be a struggle to get over there. I went on an interview last week for an international school here. I don't think I'm going to get the job. I have the feeling they are interviewing a lot of people and are going to hire someone with a little more experience than I have. I will hear back soon I hope. If I get it then great, if not, oh well, life goes on.
I've been studying my Chinese almost daily and am making a little progress. I know a few words but not enough to really say anything to anyone. It's cool nonetheless. I know there aren't too many new pictures on the blog but my routine here has been pretty set the last month or so. Haven't seen too much new scenery to put up on the site. Maybe tomorrow I'll get some new pictures up if I can get out and take some good ones of the city. Whenever I leave in the morning on friday to go to work there is a guy selling live chickens on the street outside my apt. It would make for a good photo and I'll try to get it next time I leave. I'm pretty tired in the mornings though haha and don't feel much like stopping to take photos. I've been away from home 5 months now. It really went by fast, I can't lie. Sometimes it feels like I've only been away a few days. Other times it feels like I've been here a LOOOOOONNG time. March is here. Winter is on the way out! Crazy, feels like it was summer just yesterday.

No comments: