Sunday, February 1, 2009

First draft of the first writing I've done in Shanghai. It's been a minute.. (FICTION)

          Yes, I did go away for the New Year. It was fabulous. I said, "I think it's going to be Hong Kong this year" and I just went! I know! It really was great, but I was only there three days. Yea, I just thought three would be enough and it really was. Well, I didn't limit myself to one place this year so why kill myself in Hong Kong? I was in Vietnam and Cambodia too. Vietnam was amazing. Great weather. I was laying on the beach and I'm thinking to myself, ugh, I should really go for a run, but then I realized I was in Vietnam and said fuck it, I can relax for a day. I'm about to close my eyes and what do I see, but a jogger running across the beach. Right, so now I really feel like a fat piece of shit you know? But this guy is like a big guy you know? Like shoulders, you know what I'm saying; fucking BIG. Find out the guy used to be a body builder. I'm serious! Not only that but since he's stopped competing he's started running marathons. Yea, and if that's not enough, now the motherfucker is training for a triathlon. I know, I started feeling better thinking I was crazy for running seven miles every morning, and this fucker is out burning more calories than palm springs on a daily basis. He's out in Vietnam with his wife and son just to vacation, yea, really nice guy. 
     So we all get to talking one night and he's telling me his training schedule. Guy swims in the ocean for an hour every other day. Just goes. He's telling me yesterday how he's out swimming, and his mind starts to wander. He's like, I was thinking about you telling me about playing soccer in France, yea you know I had to slip that in if this motherfucker is all total fitness-world domination, I had to let him know I did my thing for a little while. Anyway, so he's like and I'm in mid-stroke and just as I'm about to come through with my right arm, WHAP my head smashes into something. "I fucking swam into a boat" he says. "Don't worry, the boat was okay" he follows with. Right, because I thought the boat got hurt I was thinking. This guys nuts. He swims back to shore and gets back to his room and blacks out. Dehydration mixed with a minor concussion. Yea he was fine the next day. 

No comments: