Saturday, January 17, 2009

speedin through life like there's no tomorrow

My internet or something is being a pain at home, and uploading photos is being a hassle again. I just got another haircut. Army style, just shaved it all off. It's much easier now. I just wear my beanie outside and it's all gravy.The beard has made an official comback. I'm growing it out for my Harbin trip. A little extra layer couldn't hurt. I've got most of my gear and should have everything I need by Tuesday so I don't stay frozen up there. I'm looking foward to having some time off to just explore a little. I haven't been able to make it around Shanghai like I had hoped just because of my work schedule so far. I know lots of stuff closes down over spring festival but I hope I can still make it to some interesting places around town. So, I'm almost three months deep in China and four months into the trip on the whole. I guess that's pretty good right? I can't say I've found my calling or whatever it is I was looking for when I left New York, but I am trying to stay focused and get to that next goal. What that next goal is ...I'm unsure of but I think that is all part of what this trip was for anyway. I'm learning how to balance things better. I'm taking time to put things in perspective. I'm asking myself questions that I didn't have time to ask when I was at home. I think I'm starting to find some answers also, even if they don't hit me right away, but it's all good. I've met some real cool people out here which is rewarding in it's own light. The ex pats in China all have a story to tell. My next purchase is a portable tape recorder. I think interviews and short stories are on the way, but I need to record the voices of some of the people I've met. I've been trying to sit down and write but there is too much going on and I can't pick a direction to follow. I know I want to write about some of the poeple I've met here but I need to have more info and have more clarity about them. The tape recorder is a must have. While I'm not working next week it's the first thing I'll buy. - - I still have to buy a curtain for my room, but you know I get lazy about all that. So, what else? The language still isn't there for me..I didn't learn anything in my last class and was really frustrated. There is a new class being offered which I'm going to start taking and I hear it's at a much lower level so it will cater to my needs more. I'll like that. Still in China..Still doin what it doooooooo

No comments: