Sunday, June 14, 2009

Visit from NYC


My aunt teaches high school English at the Garden School in Jackson Heights and takes a trip or two each year with some of her students to various places in the world. This year she came out to China. I got to spend a little over a day with her and her students and her chaperones and had a really nice time showing them around the city. They were good sports about it. I don't know how they had the energy to do it after the long flight from NY, but they were up and about and took the city by storm. They left yesterday to go off to suzhou and from there they were making a few more stops in various cities before heading to the Great Wall and then back to the states. In total they'll be in China about 17 days. Here are a few pics from my time with them in Shanghai 

Jessica, a grad from the all womens Notre Dame school in Maryland, minored in photography and was getting her art on at the Jade Buddah Temple here in Shanghai.


This building (world financial building) is the second largest in the world (...I think.. ha!) ----  
--anyway, I'm pretty sure it has the highest observation deck in the world. We went up and got to take a look at Shanghai from the top of this monster. It was super overcast and to be honest you couldn't see much, but it was worth it nonetheless just to say you did it. As you can see from the pic there are about 25 stories that didn't fit into the frame of my camera because it is such a giant.


The whole crew outside the Shanghai Museum....a little run down on day one, but we trooped through and made it happen!


Subway, rush hour style..All smiles all the time :)


My aunt Marcia giving out some knowledge at the Jade Temple...Have to teach the youngins! 

All in all I think their Shanghai time was a success. It was really nice to have some visitors from NY out here. Always great to see my Aunt Marcia, and even cooler to see her here in the Hai. They're all off for more of an adventure, and I'm off to bed; filming in the morning..Updates on making movies --- coming soon to a blog near you..

No comments: